Never-failing Love




One of my favorite prayers in Scripture comes from Lamentations 3, which is quite difficult to read. The writer is going through incredible challenges and yet, in the middle of the chapter, he writes:

21 But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

Whoa. No matter what difficulties we face, God's unfailing love is ours! Paul David Tripp writes, "God's steadfast, faithful, and never-failing love has been placed on you even though you never could have done anything to earn or deserve it."

Dear Lord, 

For Your never-failing love and new morning mercies, we thank you!

Good song about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoezWBPGRAc 



Photo by Derick McKinney on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going along with the crowd?

My eye is not on the density of the fog but on the living God...