OVERFLOW



Have you ever experienced overflow?

Wait, let me ask that better, have you ever had something overflow in a good way? Maybe a filled to overflow favorite beverage or a financial windfall or that overflowing handful of M&Ms?

In the Scriptures we learn of a spiritual overflow - a life of faith that spills into every area of our lives - in loving others (1 Thessalonians 3:12), in thankfulness (Colossians 2:7), and in serving and giving (2 Corinthians 8:2; 9:12) and, last but certainly not least, hope (Romans 15:13)!

Is your life overflowing with God's goodness today? No, this isn't just about our good works but about an overflowing of God's goodness in our lives to others? As one devotional I read the other day said, "It's not about overwork but overflow, and it has already made all the difference in my life."

The hope of Jesus and new life has invaded our souls through God's grace and love, which empowers us into OVERFLOW mode!

As Psalm 23 (NIV) states,
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Let us live the overflowing life today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going along with the crowd?