Ships in harbor




I was reading a book recently called Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers and she included this quote:

"Ships in harbor are safe but that's not what ships are built for"
-John Shedd

I've heard that quote before and have been thinking about fear and risk and living the most abundant life we can. I wonder when I've missed an opportunity due to fear or risk or maybe a worry of failure.

Ships are meant to sail and humans are meant to be God's image bearers to the universe. God loves us perfectly and perfect love throws out fear. That begs the question, then...what could God do in and through us when we're completely confident in His love and His will?

God help us believe You can do the impossible and that through Your power, we too can by faith do impossible things!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fruitful

My eye is not on the density of the fog but on the living God...

Creation groans...