What are you reading?


What are you reading?

This is a question I often ask when meeting with people. I usually have my pencil and day planner handy to write down what they tell me.

Why? Well, I want to know what stories and ideas people are resonating with so that maybe I could learn something new.

Now, I know not everyone is a reader per se - polls seem to show about 17% of people don't read any books in a given year. However, I think there is always something to learn, so, now I ask a few more questions. For instance, I might ask about any podcasts someone is into, or, maybe a TV series or movie that someone is enjoying.

Staying curious is a superpower. I think any time we can engage with other people and find out what is currently inspiring them can really enhance our own lives!

There is so much to learn if we make the effort!

So, what have you read, listened to, or watched recently? Ah, tell me more...

PS I recently read John Grisham's follow-up to his popular novel The Firm titled The Exchange...not bad actually!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going along with the crowd?