Beauty and Salvation

As I walked to the church building today I was taken aback by the sheer cold, clear beauty of the fall season here in our part of the world. The millions of colors and shades of green, brown, orange, and red, oh my!

Something about the cool, fresh breeze when it's 30-40 degrees out for me is so refreshing!

Wow. Just staggeringly beautiful - by design! God is in the business of blowing us away with beauty even in the smallest bits!

Russian novelist Fyodor Dostoyevsky once said, “The world will be saved by beauty.”

Well, I like the idea but I think he may have missed the beauty of a grand Creator / Designer who loves us with abandon. We have a perfect Father who knows everything about us and can't stand to be away from us!

Maybe today you can take a walk and soak up the beauty of creation all around you...I bet you'll want to pray a prayer of joy!

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 ESV

Pastor Ben

A parting prayer for us:
"Go before us, God, that we may follow in your steps. Go behind us, God, to steer us when we stray. Go beside us, God, as our strength and our joy for the journey. Amen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going along with the crowd?